Many Facets of a Cave Man

Every once in a while, Craig surprises me and acts like a typical guy.  I know that I talk about the cake baking, manscaping and general metro-ness, but there really is a “manly” side to Craig which helps to balance out the Girl in him.

For example, he single-handedly remodeled our home in New Hampshire.  I’m talking, he replaced toilets, vanities and faucets.  He laid tile.  He rebuilt our entire front steps and created custom cabinets for our living room.

That’s some serious manliness, right?

Craig has always been into exercise.  When I was 32 weeks pregnant with Kate, we traveled 10 hours from Memphis to Austin, TX, so he could ride in Lance Armstrong’s Ride for the Roses.  Then less than 2 weeks before she was born, he ran in the St. Jude Half Marathon.  Now his latest physical endeavors are adventure races, which last 8 hours and include things like mountain biking, orienteering, canoeing, swimming and riding a zip line.

Again, a whole lotta man in that.

Unfortunately, the flip side to his fitness is the insanely strict healthy eating.

And… weight watching, too.

Craig is known to get a little “fussy” (shall we say?) about his diet, as well as the scale.  Over the years, he’s gone through phases and little “kicks” where he focuses on either adding in a new group of foods or eliminating something from his diet entirely.  What he deems an acceptable number looking back at him on the scale fluctuates, too.

Right now his latest food craze is The Paleo Diet, a.k.a The Caveman Diet.  It’s based on the belief that it’s best to eat like the cavemen did, and avoid all grains, dairy, beans and sweets.

He’s been following it for a week and a half, but only told me a few days ago.  He figured I’d roll my eyes and make fun of him.

For the first time, he’s been journaling this new diet, how he feels, and how this change affects his exercise program.

Personally, I think it’s a bit extreme.  We care about eating well and eating real food, but I don’t think cavemen were meant to ride 30 miles every morning, ya know?  Over the weekend, he called home because he had hit the proverbial wall on his ride, didn’t have it in him to go any further, and needed me and the girls to come pick up him and his bike from the side of some country road.

The funny part of this?  He wants to know if anyone would care to read about his new diet.  I think his little “Craig Fan Club” has gone to his head.

I told him if any of the 3 fitness addicts who read my blog want to know more, then maybe he can have special Paleo Project Posts from time to time.  But if not?  This Paleo Project qualifies as possible blog fodder, and all his moaning and groaning about his stomach hurting and excessive stanky gas that has been created as a result of eating 14 lbs of cauliflower every day, is fair game.

Have you tried any alternative diets? Does your spouse have any strict eating or exercise habits?

How would you feel if your spouse weighed less than you…because mine does!?!

68 Responses to Many Facets of a Cave Man
  1. Amy
    January 4, 2011 | 9:11 pm

I’m impressed with all the exercising. I’ve always wanted to be one of those people…but only if I can start at the point where I’m already able to run 100 miles without breaking a sweat. I don’t want to have to work for it.

2. Tim@sogeshirts
    January 4, 2011 | 9:13 pm

Sounds extreme Liz but as a guy who needs to lose a bit of weight I would be interested in Craig’s caveman diet journal. Had not heard of that diet before. I don’t really usually do any special diets. Just hit the gym a lot more and stop eating crap works for me but I’m always interested in better methods.

3. Caitlin's Concepts
    January 4, 2011 | 9:16 pm

Wow.. if my SO weighed less than I do, there would be some issues. Mainly because he’s 6’6. ;) I tried the whole “Sacred Heart Diet,” which is just a variation of the cabbage soup diet, but it’s just a cleansing thing. People at work still looked at me weird on the days when I could eat only beef and soup. I lost 7 pounds that week though, so hooray for cleansing!

4. Jessica
    January 4, 2011 | 9:18 pm

Oh boy, I don’t think I could handle it if my husband was exercise crazed and I wasn’t. I admire his dedication, I have always wanted to be one of those people who was addicted to exercise, it just never quite happened. My husband and I did p90x and made it to about day 50 and then life got in the way and haven’t done it a day since. It was nice while it lasted though.

5. gigi
    January 4, 2011 | 9:19 pm

so..he eats…what? meat and veggies and fruit?

did he coin the name of this diet? or is this some plan he is following?

• Liz
      January 4, 2011 | 9:29 pm

This is a real diet plan. You can look up either Paleo Diet or Caveman Diet to read more.

6. Making It Work Mom
    January 4, 2011 | 9:28 pm

Yes my SuperHubby just returned home from exercising (it is 10:30) because he is back on a fitness kick. Which does mean eventually he will start to get strict with his diet which will totally take all the fun out of eating for me! I am not on a diet (maybe I should be, but I chose not to be), but will suffer all the consequences.
    I also think it is funny that Craig wants to be included in your blog. My SuperHubby is also obsessed with being included in my blog! He drives me crazy overanalyzing what people think of him.
    Sigh – Husbands are a lot of work…

7. Melissa
    January 4, 2011 | 9:32 pm

Wow, I’m impressed with him remodeling the home and doing all the Adventure workouts!

I actually would like to hear about this…..Caveman diet….

I have never heard of it!

Heath went on a HUGE health kick last January, followed the Lose It app on his iPhone, counted calories big time, worked out like crazy, running 4 miles a day, etc and he lost 60 pounds.

Now that I’m on Nutrisystem, he is starting to watch his weight a little more too. I don’t want to tell him about the Caveman diet though, he might do it! :-0

8. Brittany at Mommy Words
    January 4, 2011 | 9:37 pm

I could not handle Ross doing this. And I would tease him mercilessly (until I screwed something big up) for having to pick his tush up. It is impressive though! I am wondering what he can eat though…

9. The Zany Housewife
    January 4, 2011 | 9:42 pm

The only diet my husband is on consists of as much junk as possible, copious amounts of Diet Pepsi and late night snacking of his weight in popcorn. As much as I love him, he is a terrible eater and could stand to lose a few pounds (I’m still working on the last few baby lbs myself).
    I don’t diet but I have recently (well a few months ago) gone through inspecting everything we eat, cutting out all the junk (aside from my husband’s stuff- because he’ll never give it up) and HFCS, etc. I make sure to incorporate at least one veggie in each meal and because grass fed/organic meat is more expensive, we almost eat like vegetarians a majority of the time.

Craig want to take a road trip and talk some sense into my cave man? ;)

10. [...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Tim Sogeshirts -Dave. Tim Sogeshirts -Dave said: RT @bellebeandog: New blog post!: Many Facets of a Cave Man http://www.bellebeanchicagodog.com/2011/01/caveman-diet.html [...]

11. tracy
    January 4, 2011 | 10:10 pm

I could never handle my husband weighing less than I do. He is double me and I like that much better..lol.

12. Ashley
    January 4, 2011 | 10:38 pm

I’m seriously impressed with the manliness! I could never stick to a caveman diet. Nor deal with a hubby with any additional stinky gas, we have enough of that already!

13. Glamamom
    January 4, 2011 | 10:45 pm

Funny enough, while I’m the athlete in the family, when I was pregnant and gained 55 lbs, my huz became a health fanatic. Perhaps seeing me chunked-out scared him straight. He weighs more than me, but only bc he’s taller. He also eats VERY healthy (i.e. no starches or sweets).

I was ok being the chubby wife last year but I’m going to make an effort this year. I was thinking of trying the Blueprint cleanse but I’m afraid I’ll assault someone.

14. By Word of Mouth
    January 4, 2011 | 11:22 pm

My hub is a girly metrosexual man … went on a healthkick a couple of years back .. he looks awesome and I look old! Oh Boy!
    btw Just left you ‘blog love’ on my blog, go and pick it up :)

15. Practical Parenting
    January 4, 2011 | 11:50 pm

My husband just told me that he fits into his skinny jeans again. I married a musician. You can only imagine the vanity and wardrobe planning that I have to put up with. While touring last year the guys decided to take up whiffle ball pre-show. He “sprained” his ankle. I’m still hearing about it. I could go on for hours. Maybe you can have a “Sean fan club” so he can share his secrets to skinny jean success too…

16. Alexandra
    January 4, 2011 | 11:56 pm

He….he….he.laid.tile??!!

thud.

17. Melissa (Confessions of a Dr.Mom)
    January 5, 2011 | 12:14 am

Quite honestly, the more I learn about your Craig the more I think he really could have his own reality show!

So now he remodels houses and does marathons AND weighs less than his wife?! Where does this guy get all his motivation and energy. Ummm….yeah, I’ll have what he’s having because if I had half the motivation as him…oh the things I could do.

BTW, if my husband weighed less than me, I might have to start sneaking some butter into his food :)

18. Tracie
    January 5, 2011 | 12:39 am

I would go crazy if my husband decided to go on that diet.

Every couple of years or so he goes on the Atkins diet. That is a joy….for the people at the meat processing plant, but certainly not for me or our daughter who have to live with him while he does it!

19. andygirl
    January 5, 2011 | 1:14 am

tell him if he wants to truly go out an do the caveman diet, he needs to make a spear (but hand) and go kill a Mastodon. THAT’S the caveman diet.

he should also wear a loincloth. for your amusement, Liz. I’m nothing if not magnanimous.

I don’t believe in dieting, at least for me. I just believe in listening to your body and eating in moderation.

20. JDaniel4's Mom
    January 5, 2011 | 2:41 am

My mom used to go on the Cabbage Soup Diet. All she would eat was horrible looking cabbage soup all the time. It looks terrible. I think it has gas issues too.

I love that Craig can repair things. My husband can, but would rather read about quarks and other geek stuff.

21. Ashley @ Just Another Mom of 2
    January 5, 2011 | 3:47 am

I am with Melissa- I vote to sneak butter into his food. Or, if it works brilliantly, to share the details with me. Because this girl? Needs to lose about 20 pounds in 3 weeks before Blissdom.

Now don’t worry, I realize this is implausible, at least healthily. But it seems about as reasonable as the caveman diet. Unless there’s wine?

22. Home Is Where the Heart Is
    January 5, 2011 | 4:02 am

Going Paleo would NOT fly in my house. My hubby and I love our pasta and bread with a passion (I’m even learning to make it from scratch!). How do you make meals for the family? Does that mean that your house has gone Paleo?
    But if I’m remembering from Hannah’s extensive research, aren’t you supposed to be eating a HUGE variety of veggies and protein? I don’t know if anyone could have the stamina to ride so far on only cauliflower!

23. Betsy
    January 5, 2011 | 5:58 am

I think you may want to redefine “manly”; your current definition makes me out to be pretty damn manly. Because I’m the one that lays the tile and changes the toilets in this house. Although we’re both heavily into the exercise around here as well.

24. Kristin @ Peace, Love and Muesli
    January 5, 2011 | 6:24 am

Laying tile is extremely manly, more so if he did it during a heat wave and had to do it shirtless.
    Craig- if you want to be an athlete, eat like one. Cavemen didn’t run marathons and only lived until 35.
    p.s. My spouse has always weighed less than me.

• Liz
      January 5, 2011 | 6:46 am

So we’re in the same club then. :)

25. Mom to 2 Posh Lil Divas
    January 5, 2011 | 6:45 am

Good morning!

First I must say that I am impressed that he is trying – the diet does not sound like anything I could manage! I need my grains, dairy and sweets I tell ya!

Good luck Craig & I love hearing about it – so sorry you had to be rescued off the side of the road though (giggle)!

BTW thanks for stopping by Mom to 2 Posh Lil Divas and commenting on my Justin Bieber post! Serious fit of laughter was had this morning all because of you! I commented back if you care to stop by and check it out!!

Bernadette
    Mom to 2 Posh Lil Divas

26. Haley
    January 5, 2011 | 7:01 am

That’s awesome your husband has started Paleo. It’s definitely very popular in the CrossFit world. My husband and I have done Paleo for a couple years, and I typically follow more of the 85/15 rule. But it’s amazing how different you feel if you go back to eating grains. Personally, my body just feels so much better eating Paleo. Once we have a family, we still plan to stick with Paleo. Good luck to your husband!

27. PV Lundqvist
    January 5, 2011 | 7:16 am

I can really relate to Craig. I do half marathons all the time, but I don’t watch what I eat.

I subscribe to the philosophy that exercise is the penalty for eating whatever the hell I want. As long as I run more than I consume, I’m happy.

28. alyson
    January 5, 2011 | 7:27 am

Didn’t you just post about eating mac & cheese? Lord, the paleo man you live with must have had palpitations when he saw that (IF he saw that…).

I’m closing my eyes now and thinking about your what your pantry must look like….Paleo and M&C….

29. Kimberly
    January 5, 2011 | 7:36 am

I bet when he laid tiles, he had to stop and mourn over broken fingernails…
    What about the sawdust getting into his perfectly brushed coif?
    My husband is on the man diet. It consists of beer and meat with an occasional taco in the bed…hee hee.

30. Amy
    January 5, 2011 | 7:46 am

I don’t know where to start. I adore Craig for his metro-ness. I’m completely flabergasted that he can also remodel a house?!!? My husband can’t make mac-n-cheese or fix a toilet. What does that make him — neither man or woman?!

Secondly, where in the world does he find the time and energy to make incredible cakes, spend three days planning the Thanksgiving meal, AND run a half marathon?! Amazing.

And for the record, I’d gladly weigh more than my husband if the alternative required me eating cauliflower and expelling stanky gas. Eeeh and eeh!

31. Megan (Best of Fates)
    January 5, 2011 | 8:00 am

I’m just seeing a whole new side of Craig today! That’s okay – the cake baking makes up for his diet craziness.

32. Dana @ Bungalow'56
    January 5, 2011 | 8:00 am

Manliness… right? You cracked me up this morning. As did Andygirl. I’m with her. If you have to put up with the stank, then I think the loin cloth should be par for the course. Even Steven. Someone better go and pick up TheEmpress. : )
    Dana

33. Nicole@MTDLBlog
    January 5, 2011 | 8:07 am

It’s awesome that he takes so much pride in his health. LOL. And that he’s such a good sport when you post about his newly acquired gas issue….LOL

34. angie
    January 5, 2011 | 8:26 am

I think it must take INCREDIBLE self discipline to follow his cave man diet. Wowee. I’d never be able to stick to it.

35. Crystal
    January 5, 2011 | 8:49 am

Ok- the exercising he should get props for, but the weird fad diet…mmmm…bordering crazy. Ew and stinky man gas. Makes me gag…takes the sexy appeal right out of ‘em.

36. Dana
    January 5, 2011 | 9:10 am

I would totally read it. I love reading about other lifestyles and how they effect someone. I was suppose to being an ultramarathon this March before I got Pneumonia for 3 months and now Bronchitis. Now I just eat and drink :-)
    Maybe reading his diet success would help me re focus :-)

37. Hannah
    January 5, 2011 | 9:23 am

This post was funny. Since I am also doing the Paleo diet I have to say that 14 lbs of cauliflower is not what the paleo diet is all about LOL. If he is hitting a wall like that he is probably not eating enough fat to fuel his body.
    here are some great sites for him to check out, maybe he can compare his food journal to them.http://everydaypaleo.com/

38. klz
    January 5, 2011 | 9:33 am

So much to say, so much to say.

My post yesterday? I don’t love the extra holiday weight on me but I don’t feel THAT bad because David put on pregnancy weight with me and never took it off.

He told me over the weekend I will be grossed out by him when he’s old because he plans to get really fat.

Which means I need to stay in shape so I can land a new husband when this one dies at 40.

I would read about Craig’s adventures….ONLY IF CRAIG IS FUNNY.

If it’s a detailed “Why you should be pedal clips, how to calculate calories and when to weigh your cauliflower” post he will get nothing but ridicule from me.

Which brings it right back around to being worth reading.

PS Why wouldn’t cavemen eat beans? Protein and fiber are good.

39. Lori @ In Pursuit of Martha Points
    January 5, 2011 | 9:58 am

Depending on MY weight, Himself can indeed weigh less than me.

He’s two inches taller, but is a bloody stick.

I however, am the stay-puff marshmallow woman.

And it drives me bloody nuts.

40. Natalie
    January 5, 2011 | 10:46 am

Yeah, what KLZ said. It’s so much easier to say that than to type a big old long comment saying the same thing.

41. Khara
    January 5, 2011 | 11:21 am

Um, yeah, too extreme! And I’m guessing not that healthy either. We need grains and even fats yo! Crazy man! As demonstrated by his surprise exhaustion on his bike ride (good thing you could pick him up!) And you’re right, cavemen definitely didn’t bike or run extreme distances, they probably stayed pretty close to their warm caves. I’ve definitely had to not eat a lot before for a weight checked sport, not fun. I do not recommend it. And though my husband does not weigh less than me, I did have a boyfriend that did, again back in my competitive weight checking sports days, yeah a lot of the time I didn’t think about it much, or tried not to, but other times were definitely hard. I just hope it’s not playing any nasty games with your self esteem like it did for me sometimes, you are beautiful!

42. Mike
    January 5, 2011 | 11:38 am

Sounds like it may be a little extreme, but those who follow the raw food diet have a gazillion fewer chances of every disease and have much more chances of living a long, strong healthy life. I heard that if half of your diet is raw foods (fruits, vegetables, and nuts), then that basically cancels out the effects of the bad foods in your diet.
    Interesting post!
    Mike

If you would like to, feel free to enter my first ever giveaway on my blog: http://bit.ly/g3pHS3/
    Thanks!

43. Mad Woman behind the Blog
    January 5, 2011 | 11:40 am

My ex was the Pro/Triathlete in our relationship. It was great b/c it allowed me a lot of free time but when I started getting envious of his calves I knew something drastic would have to happen. I think seeing him shave himself before an IronMan event was the tipping point.

Had he laid tile like my Adonis, we may have stayed together.
    And yes, w/ the sneaking butter!

44. Anne
    January 5, 2011 | 11:53 am

I love Craig. Maybe that’s because his exercising needs and eating habits are JUST LIKE my husband’s except Craig also has the added attraction of being a serious handyman. Tim is an exercise freak – 1 1/2 yoga 5 days/week and running 3-5 times/week. He’s been or is permanently on all the following diets: Low carb, pesco-vegetarian (I thought he’d made this word up when I first met him to sound sophisticated but it’s an actual word), 3 whole cloves of garlic per meal (yes, I wanted to sleep separately), fresh turmeric and whole ground pepper by the lb, beans, beans and more beans. Stinky gas doesn’t even begin to describe the side-effects! Maybe his dieting habits would be best described as: if it’s in the New York Times and doesn’t involve meat he’s doing it.

45. Mrs. Jen B
    January 5, 2011 | 12:00 pm

Wow. I’m with you – I couldn’t live without pasta. And like you said, for someone who gets the amount of exercise he does…he might need a bit more. I thought that carbs were important before a big workout? But I’m no dietician. Or workout-er. So I don’t know.

Either way, sounds like Craig’s the total package! :-) A metro who does manly things? Hell yeah!

46. Julie
    January 5, 2011 | 12:25 pm

Oh my – I think I’m married to Craig. Except he’s named Bill. And he eats healthy (much less than I do) and STILL manages to bike, run, lift every. single. day. He loves adventure races. Marathons. And having a smaller butt than I do.

Feel you, sister.

Good luck with that. I need it, too.

47. Shell
    January 5, 2011 | 1:47 pm

My husband only whines about wanting to lose weight, he doesn’t actually follow through with diets or exercise.

I don’t have much luck with extreme diets. The only thing that ever works for me is moderation. B/c if I deprive myself of something I want to eat, I get cranky and overindulge.

I saw Drew Carey’s extreme 80 pound weight loss. But, he gave up CARBS. I could live on carbs and carbs alone. LOl

48. Sara
    January 5, 2011 | 1:49 pm

Do you know that I said the word “persnickety” to a friend of mine the other day and she had NEVER HEARD THAT WORD?

Sorry, I just thought of that when I read “fussy” which is also a stellar word.

This post made me want to eat.

• NotJustAnotherJennifer
      January 5, 2011 | 2:09 pm

I LOVE persnickety! I said “gobbledygook” to a client one day at work, and a co-worker about crapped her pants laughing at my “made-up” word. No one else there knew it either. Then I felt like a dork because I wondered if the client knew what it was. Fast forward 5 years to my new job and my supervisor said it one day. Sweet affirmation of my vocabulary choice!

49. The Flying Chalupa
    January 5, 2011 | 2:01 pm

Really. This is your funniest. First, is ‘orienteering’ helping freshman at the local college find there dorm room? Second, is Paleo the name of the first Neanderthal found in Africa?

God bless Craig. Even with stanky gas, I bet he looks hot with his fitnessing.

50. NotJustAnotherJennifer
    January 5, 2011 | 2:07 pm

It makes me crazy that DH is ahead of me in the weight loss game. We are always about the same size which is kind of weird. We’re pretty much the same height (he’s a hair taller than me), so when we were young’uns I could borrow his jeans or sweats and they’d be too loose because I had a slim, female figure and he had a slim male one. As we grew older and gained weight (post-marriage, post-baby), we both gained it in the middle so I can still borrow his pants, but they are just as snug as my own. Sucky!

I could never be married to a fitness nut. Though, I imagine I’d be in much better shape if I were.

51. Cori
    January 5, 2011 | 2:32 pm

Ive never heard of that diet…I’d be interested in hearing more about it, or at least humoring Craig :D

52. Mrs.Mayhem
    January 5, 2011 | 3:39 pm

My husband and I have always weighed similar amounts. Currently he weighs about 10 pounds more (mainly because of his 2-3 beers every night), but he has started to talk about cutting back to lose weight.

Personally, I think men look better having a little meat on their bones (this is a generalization, not a dig against Craig or my husband!).

Hopefully Craig cooks his own meals, and doesn’t just hand you a list of restrictions!

53. Lula Lola
    January 5, 2011 | 2:41 pm

We’ve always weighed pretty close. I weigh more than Wayne, by 10 pounds. Sad. I am 15 pounds or better overweight and Wayne is thing.
    But, he’s thin and all muscle. He works hard and it keeps him in really good shape. I don’t work so hard and I am sort of shaped like a pillow! lol
    Good for him I hope that his caveman thing works!

January 5, 2011 | 3:04 pm

I’m kind of curious about this whole cave man diet thing. Not because I would want to give it a go, but I’m interested to see what foods he’s eating to sustain that level of energy.

I have never been one for diets, personally. I became a vegetarian 13 years ago (which, yes, is a diet… but I always think of it as a lifestyle thing) but I could never get behind any others.

55. blueviolet
    January 5, 2011 | 3:08 pm

He weighs less than you? Dunk that cauli in butter, lard, or vaseline. You gotta stop that insanity.

56. Jen
    January 5, 2011 | 3:19 pm

Does he know that he needs carbs to keep going on long endurance bike rides?

Just wondering. ;)

57. Katie@SassySillySpunkyMomma
    January 5, 2011 | 4:55 pm

I’m sure I weigh more than Ben. I’m taller than him too, so I’m pretty much jolly green giant compared to Mr. Fit.

Feels just great :)

58. Missy
    January 5, 2011 | 7:00 pm

I’d secretly slip in extra fat and calories every chance I got if Mark weighed less than me. Or I’d have to get divorced. One or the other. You are a much stronger woman than I am!!

I’m the nutrition person around here. Mark cares, but at the same time his brain just doesn’t work that way. When we were first married, I would ask what type of vegetable he’d like with dinner and every time he answered, “Beans.” Aaaagh. I go through extreme phases now and then (nothing like this cave man thing, though – yet again, Craig, you amaze me!), but overall we’re pretty middle of the road, eat as clean as we can, organic as much as possible, very healthy, but we aren’t crazy-strict. It’s all about moderation. At least that’s what I tell myself…

59. Sue Campbell
    January 5, 2011 | 9:12 pm

Wow. That’s a lot of cauliflower.

60. Booyah's Momma
    January 5, 2011 | 11:49 pm

I’ve heard of this diet before, and I knew immediately that it would never, in a million years, fly in our household.

I presume you’re not doing the Paleo Diet along with Craig? Is that because it forbids you from eating pretzel M&M’s?

61. MommaKiss
    January 6, 2011 | 8:40 am

Let me get past the nose-hair-curling gas and tell you that IF my husband weighed less than me, I would have to be committed. Why? He’s 6’4″ I’m 5’2″(and a quarter). Swear if I were heavier than him I’d be on the biggest loser, if I could get a flat bed truck to roll me out of bed.

62. Kristi {at} Live and Love Out Loud
    January 7, 2011 | 12:53 pm

The Paleo Diet? A feature here at a belle, a bean and a Chicago dog? Not interested. Unless it’s super funny and evokes nothing but laughter. Then I’ll be interested. ;) Sticking with you on this one, Liz. His Paleo Diet is complete blog fodder as is his moaning, groaning and disgusting gas. lol
    Have I mentioned that I love Craig?

63. CK
    January 8, 2011 | 1:33 pm

OH MY GOSH YOU CRACK ME UP! BLOG FODDER, INDEED!!! HAHA~! LURVE IT!

-CK

64. Tonya
    January 8, 2011 | 1:55 pm

Luckily Todd and I have very similar eating/diet and workout regimes. We eat a lot of veggies and love salads, but we do indulge sometimes by having a big juicy cheeseburger with French fries and dessert and then pay for it (dearly) later. We own a treadmill and spin bike that get used often and one of us is usually training for something (not at the moment, however).

I do have to say that cauliflower has never once entered our home. Go Craig!

65. Nan
    August 30, 2011 | 2:58 pm

Your post made laugh out loud! Thank you :) I absolutely could not tolerate if my husband weighed less than me. I like to maintain a 50 pound gap if possible! I’ve just started on my Paleo journey and it’s been great so far. A bit restrictive, yet, but the benefits are truly amazing — oh, and helping make that gap more like 60 lbs!!