My #FirstWorldProblems

first-world-problemAs I laughed at myself while posting to Facebook and Twitter last week about the inconvenience I faced due to the battery in my car key pad being out, I started to think about all the #FirstWorldProblems we “endure” day in and day out here in the US. You know, things that aggravate us when they don’t work or force us to live the uncivilized life – like actually inserting the car key into the lock on the door in order to lock and unlock the car?

I know the list is truly endless, but here are the most frequent #FirstWorldProblems I suffer through:

• Needing to periodically clean out my stinky high-efficiency washing machine.
  • When the Internet goes down.
  • When my website goes down.
  • When Craig doesn’t set the coffee to brew ahead of time, and I need to wait for it to brew after getting out of bed.
  • Enjoying the ease of a push-button start in Craig’s car, then driving my car that requires me to actually insert a car key and turn my wrist to start the engine.
  • Watching live TV.
  • When my iPhone starts to slow down because I have too many photo and video files on it, and I’m forced to transfer those files to my cloud storage system AND delete them off my smart phone.
  • No restaurants that deliver breakfast to my front door.
  • Searching for the remote control.
  • Uncomfortable hotel pillows.
  • Forgetting my smart phone at home.
  • Flight delays.
  • Buying a new toothbrush and finding it’s too fat to fit into my toothbrush holder.
  • Remembering all the passwords to my online accounts.
  • Having to wait for a teller because the ATM is down.
  • Having too much house to keep clean.
  • Finagling the front door open after the dry cleaners’ delivery guy has hung the freshly-cleaned and pressed clothes from our front door knob.

So there’s my top list of #FirstWorldProblems. I’m sure you have your own. In what ways do you suffer day in and day out?

*Photo credit RenaissanceChambara

12 Responses to My #FirstWorldProblems
  1. Ali
    January 14, 2013 | 9:13 am

Just thought of one two seconds before reading this: Having to pick up before the cleaning ladies come.

2. KLZ
    January 14, 2013 | 10:12 am

I hate you for having dry cleaning delivery. Driving over there is the WORST.

3. KLZ
    January 14, 2013 | 10:13 am

Oh, also, first world problem that affects pretty much everyone: having to spell things correctly.

I just had to look up centrifugal and it almost killed me.

4. Mrs. Jen B
    January 14, 2013 | 11:30 am

Having to actually put the laundry away after my high efficiency washer and dryer have cleaned and dried it for me.

5. Leigh Ann
    January 14, 2013 | 11:53 am

I complained once that we had so much food in the fridge after a grocery run, that it was irritating to have to move things around to get what I needed.

6. Leigh Ann
    January 14, 2013 | 11:58 am

Oh and just now…my fingernails are too long to accurately type on my iPhone.

7. Kristin @ What She Said
    January 16, 2013 | 11:44 am

I had to laugh at “buying a toothbrush too fat to fit in the toothbrush holder” because OMG yes!

I can relate to the rest of these, too. We really are a society of over-privileged assholes, aren’t we?

8. Elaine
    January 16, 2013 | 1:46 pm

When my favorite workout pants aren’t clean! AHHHH!

;-P

9. SassyModernMom
    January 16, 2013 | 8:40 pm

Oh I am so with you! Sometimes I catch myself complaining and think just that #firstworldproblems

Now I have a question for you! My washer stinks! LOL How do you clean out those HE washers?

10. [...] Liz at a belle, a bean & a chicago dog shared her list of My #FirstWorldProblems this week and, sadly, I could relate to many of them. (Buying a toothbrush too fat to fit in the [...]