It’s Been a Month

social-media-speakerWow! My last post here was January 23rd. I have n.e.v.e.r gone this long in between posts in the 4.5 years I’ve been writing here.

Needless to say, times have changed.

As I sit in front of my screen, I can’t help but reminisce about my early blogging days and how I pushed to post 6 or 7 days a week.

Life was different then. And while I’m so very happy with life now, I’ll never discount those days.

There’s been a lot going on with Eli | Rose. In a totally super awesome sort of way.

I’ve become a bit of a social media speaker, too, which is still so crazy to me. Being invited to Atlanta to speak at a national expo, for example, is something I never dreamed of happening.

The girls are doing well. Kate’s about to lose her top front tooth, and is mouthier than ever. Maddie’s as sweet as pie, though telling me that school is boring and she needs to figure out how to never have to go. Today she told her old preschool teacher just that, to which Miss Kim responded, “Marry young and well.

You know how whenever you settle in with the way your world works, there is an upheaval? We’ve hit one of those points. And it’s a gut-wrenching, heart-wrenching one at that.

A pretty significant change is coming our way, and one that we have absolutely no control over. Decisions are not finalized yet, but the rest of this year will be an interesting one, for sure.

The good news for you guys is that one of our 2 options would pay off well. It’ll give me LOTS of blog content to post about, and on one of my most favorite topics.

In the mean time, start planning what you’ll get me for my birthday. It’s less than 3 weeks away and the big 3-5.

35 is going to be fabulous, right?

RIGHT?!?!

14 Responses to It’s Been a Month
  1. Stephanie
    February 21, 2013 | 10:55 pm

Hey! We are very, very close to being the exact same age. I turn 35 in just over 4 weeks :)

I kind of wish my preschool teacher had given me such wise advice ;) Totally cracked me up :)

Sending good vibes your way for the big stuff in your life!

• liz
      February 22, 2013 | 7:34 am

Oh, no way! March what? I’m March 9th.

2. beth g sanders
    February 21, 2013 | 11:13 pm

Oh, yes, yes, yes, 35 is going to be wonderful. The 30s are great, but the 40s are better.

Happy happy happy birthday in advance.

And congrats on your big exciting news – whatever it is I hope it’s as awesome as you deserve. With heels on.

• liz
      February 22, 2013 | 7:35 am

Ya know, sooooo many women get so weird about their age, and I don’t understand that. I truly love that you embrace it and openly say how fab 40′s are and how things are awesome with your kids grown.

3. julie gardner
    February 22, 2013 | 11:23 am

Yes. 3-5 is FABULOUS.
    From what I can remember…

I was going to get you a seahorse dresser but then I remembered. You really DO have it all, already.

p.s. Good luck with the upheaval. I’m confident that whatever happens, it will be the right thing for you. (And if it works out well for me, that’s cool, too.)

• liz
      February 22, 2013 | 1:38 pm

That dresser is now (hiding) in a closet in Maddie’s room. Still retaining its natural beauty…

4. Kimberly
    February 22, 2013 | 2:54 pm

Welcome back lovely.
    I am so proud of you for all that you have accomplished. You’re going places kiddo.
    Speaking of kids, mine “killed the toilet” at school yesterday. Sigh.
    35 eh?
    How about you let me know how it goes. I’m only 20…ish

5. liz
    February 22, 2013 | 9:32 pm

Aren’t you kind of proud of him for killing a toilet? I totally would be if I were you. :-)

I’m all about embracing my age. :-)

6. Jen
    February 23, 2013 | 1:35 pm

It’s awesome where blogging can take a person. :)

7. Katie E
    February 25, 2013 | 12:36 pm

I turned 35 two weeks ago – so far, so good. Hope 35 is an awesome year for you!

Big change, even good, isn’t easy – I really hope yours is good :)

• liz
      February 27, 2013 | 7:31 am

Happy 35th to you! Let’s both rock this year!

8. Lady Jennie
    February 25, 2013 | 12:39 pm

I have a guess as to what the change will be. And, I’m totally not surprised about you being invited to speak – not one bit.

• liz
      February 27, 2013 | 7:31 am

You are always so supportive of me! What a fab bloggy friend! Thank you!

9. Julia Munroe Martin
    March 11, 2013 | 1:23 pm

Happy Birthday! I’ve loved seeing the photos on FB and can’t believe I’ve been reading your posts for two years! I may be a lot older than you, but I’ll always consider you my iphone twin :) p.s. 35 is a great age! And SO curious about the big change!