Now, if you live in TN, KY or NC, YoLo probably means a post-dinner frozen yogurt and gelato treat. But for those hip to the social scene, #YOLO means 1 thing and 1 thing only – You Only Live Once.
This hashtagged acronym is seen accompanying tweets about (usually) stupid, immature, reckless, wild or gutsy behavior. While I’ve never been the stupid, immature, reckless nor wild type, I may be a bit gutsy.
My personal take on #YOLO is more as a modern twist on the infamous Bucket List. A collection of things you want to do before you die. A 101 in 1,001 type of thing.
I’ve been giving some thought to what should be on my #YOLO list, and I’m reserving the right to make any post-publishing changes that I see fit.
Because You Only Live Once…
- I want to skydive. At least once.
- I want to be a guest on House Hunters or some other HGTV show. I have enough personal Reality TV Star connections, and the belle and the bean have already been featured on national TV. So naturally, I should get my turn, right?
- There are places I want to be sure to visit. As the girls age, it’s getting easier and easier to travel. Achieving this, I think, is very doable.
- Design and build my own home. Walking through houses and scrutinizing floor plans is an
crazyobsession of mine. So I want to turn those dreams and ideas into reality.
- I want to live in a city. Like, in the center of things. I have long craved urban living and it WILL become a reality of mine someday.
- I want to live overseas. Not indefinitely, but for a few years. Our interstate relocations have been amazing, life-changing experiences themselves, so living in a different country – especially with the kids – would be immeasurably rewarding.
- Get a tattoo. I think.
- Accomplish an impressive physical feat. Not that birthing 2 babies isn’t impressive, but I’ve only ever run a 5K. I want to accomplish something bigger than that.
Do you view life as only having 1 shot at things? How have you #YOLO-ed?